Our advocates travel throughout Virginia to lead training to allied and mainstream organizations on issues that impact the community at large, from LGBTQ+ 101 to Transformative Justice.
Additional examples of trainings that can be requested include:
- Experiences of violence on the intersections of LGBTQ+ identities and individuals with HIV.
- Language Justice / Language Access for LGBTQ+ non-English speaking communities
- Experiences of violence for the intersections of LGBTQ+ older adult
- How to provide supportive and affirming services for LGBTQ individuals and an understanding of their experiences with a focus on trans and gender non-confirming individuals. A training for health care providers.
- Particular needs and barriers to access affirming services for LGBTQ+ older adults, LGBTQ+ in rural areas, or LGBTQ+ youth
- Particular needs and barriers to access affirming services for Latinx / immigrant / Spanish speaking population.
- Healthy Sexuality
Even if you don’t see what you’re looking for here, fill out this form to get in contact with us, and we can discuss your training needs.
VAVP is committed to showing up in community in as many ways as we can. We’re available for tabling opportunities during festivals and events any time of the year. We have tons of resources that can be tailored to fit the event, from stickers and buttons, to internal/external condoms and lubricant. Fill out this form if you’d like to request us at your next event!
VAVP is in the process of creating our Storytelling Podcast Project. We’re looking for individuals to volunteer to participate in the project and discuss how VAVP has affected them or how intersectional issues have impacted their lives. The goal of the project is to spread awareness both about VAVP and about the challenges faced by marginalized groups.
INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT AND ADVOCACY
- Safety Planning
- Emotional Support
- Help Filling Out Forms
- Connect and refer to other resources and services
- Talk through healthy and unhealthy relationships
- Emergency Housing and Transportation
- Finding ways to take care of ourselves