VAVP is offering funds to LGBTQ+ survivors for emergency housing, rental assistance, short term shelter, and more through the end of June as part of our 2022 “Paying with Pride” program.
Requests will be accepted through the month of May to ensure that payment in June can be achieved. Please note that our funds are limited to what you see below, and that our grants stipulate that only certain funds may be allocated based on Gender and Sexual Identity.
Here are the general, non-specified funds we are offering to LGBTQ+ survivors of violence through the month of June for Paying with Pride:
- 10 days of emergency hotel and shelter stays (not rental assistance) for LGBTQ+ survivors of violence up to $1200 (max $100 per night).
- Emergency shelter, rental assistance, relocation fees, or rental deposit assistance for 10 LGBTQ+ survivors of violence up to $1000 per person.
- 10 LGBTQ+ survivors of violence with emergency client basic need items such as: utility payments, household items, toiletries, clothing, groceries, etc. up to $500 per person.
- Rideshare assistance to medical/legal/social service appointments (via rideshare gift cards) or transportation for relocation assistance for 20 LGBTQ+ survivors of violence up to $118 per person.
- Emergency financial assistance via rental assistance and short-term shelter & relocation fees for 20 LGBTQ+ survivors of violence in the amount of $346.60 per person.
Here are more specific, identity-reliant funds we are able to offer through the month of June:
- VAVP can provide 14 Transfeminine survivors of violence with up to $714.28 for emergency shelter stays (not rental/deposit assistance), hotel stays and/or transportation (Lyft/Uber gift cards) for the months of May & June 2022. We also have funding to provide 14 Transfeminine survivors of violence with $285.71 for basic need items such as: household items, toiletries, clothing, groceries, etc.
- VAVP can provide 13 Transmasculine survivors of violence with up to $600 for rental/deposit assistance or hotel stays from now until the end of June.
We look forward to making your pride month a little less stressful this year. If you are interested and would like to apply to receive any of the above assistance, please contact our advocacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are a small-but-mighty team and may have up to a 24/48 hour turnaround in responding.
Happy pride month to all!