VAVP offers services to LGBTQ+ individuals that have been impacted by intimate partner abuse, sexual assault, and stalking, as well as hate/bias motivated harassment and violence. VAVP also has resources to support training and consultation with agencies, community groups, congregations, and other interested organizations.
Our advocates travel throughout Virginia to lead training to allied and mainstream organizations on issues that impact the community at large, from LGBTQ+ 101 to Transformative Justice.
Additional examples of trainings that can be requested include:
- Experiences of violence on the intersections of LGBTQ+ identities and individuals with HIV.
- Language Justice / Language Access for LGBTQ+ non-English speaking communities
- Experiences of violence for the intersections of LGBTQ+ older adult
- How to provide supportive and affirming services for LGBTQ individuals and an understanding of their experiences with a focus on trans and gender non-confirming individuals. A training for health care providers.
- Particular needs and barriers to access affirming services for LGBTQ+ older adults, LGBTQ+ in rural areas, or LGBTQ+ youth
- Particular needs and barriers to access affirming services for Latinx / immigrant / Spanish speaking population.
- Healthy Sexuality
Even if you don’t see what you’re looking for here, fill out this form to get in contact with us, and we can discuss your training needs.
For more information
*Please give a window of 4-6 weeks between the date of your request and the date of the training so we can meet your facilitation needs.